My Indie Business Day – a small business retreat
We are really excited to announce that My Indie Business Day returns on September 19th 2019. After a brilliant response to our 1st business retreat tickets are on sale now – for the perfect marketing day just for small, micro, indie & freelance business owners in the heart of Great Britain. PLEASE NOTE: we only have 30 spaces for this special day and many of them have now gone.
Have you ever dreamed of a day that you can dedicate to working on your business? A day that leaves you feeling focussed, confident, inspired and clear on your goals? Have you ever hoped for a day that helps you create a strategy and answers all those niggling questions and queries you have about marketing your business, selling your stuff or plugging your services?
Attend this special day if:
- You need to clarify your brand
- You are struggling to tell your story well
- You feel like you might be alone in your quest
- You have a list of marketing niggles that you just need to nail
- You are looking to change your world with your business
- Your social media photography needs a boost
- You want a better work life balance
- You need to understand what makes an ideal website for you
- You are ready to start the new term with focus, confidence & feeling inspired.
“A great Day! Highly recommended.”
“Simply fantastic, Emily is an inspirational lady, always a positive force for indie business.”
My Indie Business Day will be an ideal opportunity for you to find focus, iron out challenges and make a plan. We are gathering together a host of amazing indie business like yours under one roof to share knowledge, build confidence, find focus and learn the skills you need to market and promote your business with ease & without wasting precious time and money. You will leave with a marketing strategy to build on, a notebook full of top tips and ideas and without any more marketing niggles that hold you back.
“I was looking forward to the day and it really didn’t disappoint. I am working through my notes as I write this and cracking on with making changes….”
As the name suggests, this day is just for you and your indie business. We have worked hard to create a day that helps you face all the challenges we know small, indpendent business face. Our experience with working with 100’s of businesses like yours tells us that you very rarely have time for allowing yourself to work on your business; to let the ideas you have grow; to let the inspiration in or to bring all your magic together into one plan for your business. We also know that you all do a lot in your business brilliantly but that you don’t and can’t know it all and that leaves you frustrated with that missing little bit of the jigsaw that would bring it all together.
We will be joined on the day by experts in their field as well as inspiration from Emily (founder of Simply Great Britain) – the full line up will follow. They are all small business owners like you, have empathy and understanding as well as tons of great ideas, tips and advice for you all.
The brilliant Jane Kent from Jane Kent Studio who will be running a Social Media Photography workshop.
Jayne Smith from That’s Ideal has a wonderful approach to small business finances – she gets it!
Jayne will be sharing her secrets in a workshop ‘Work Life Balance & your Finances’
Richard has that special talent to speak about SEO & websites without making your head explode! His workshop will be fun & packed full of amazing golden nuggets of information.
We will be adding little treats to this event along the way but it will include:
- Registration, refreshments and a welcome by Emily, founder of Simply Great Britain.
- Workshop 1: A deep dive into your brand including story telling, values & brand with Emily from Simply Great Britain.
- Workshop 2: A Social media Photography session with the super talented Jane Kent Studio.
- Workshop 3: Work Life Balance Solved. An easy to digest & super human approach to finances workshop with Jayne from That’s Ideal. Ask all those questions you’re dying to understand!
- Workshop 4: How to create the Perfect Website for you with the brilliantly engaging Richard Dodd from The Capture Factory.
- A Strategy Session – time to take what you have learnt and leave with a plan.
- All your training and materials
- A delicious lunch together
- Buckets of tea and inspiration.
All this will be at the iconic Emma Bridgewater Factory in Stoke on Trent, a business that literally grew from a kitchen table. These historic and relaxed surroundings are just the inspiration you need. Within easy reach of Stoke train station, the M6 and M1, please refer to our Member Directory for places to stay nearby. Here are details of the location and how to get there.