Why staying in Staffordshire will make your Summer…
I know – I can hear you say – why would I go to Staffordshire for a short break or a holiday? I like to go walking or I prefer to be by the water. I want to go where there’s culture and amazing countryside. I would prefer to be somewhere with history and great food & ale.
The thing is….Staffordshire can deliver all those things in spades. Not only that but it has two major motorways running through it or near it & can be accessed from London in little over an hour by train!
Get this – you will find world famous industrial and cultural history, country houses, stunning landscapes & amazing undiscovered market towns packed full of indie businesses, places to eat & some of the best locally brewed ale you will drink. Oh – and we can do vineyards and wine too. On top of all this we do culture for the masses. Theatre, live venues, street performance, museums, ceramics, canals, rivers, hustle and bustle or utterly quiet.
Best of all you can stay here without touching a grim chain hotel or soulless guest house. Staffordshire has glamping, camping, pods, cottages, houses, hotels and more – all with a quirky twist, a genuine independent authenticity and a proper old fashioned welcome.
Here are more 10 reasons to visit & stay in Staffordshire this summer…
- Gather – Staffordshire is the perfect place to gather friends and loved ones together. We are in the centre of the UK within easy reach of major networks but with enough space to enjoy a real get away.
- Variety – Staffordshire pleases all your family. We do world famous attractions, history, culture, open green spaces & food.
- Independence – Staffordshire is stuffed full of indie businesses & places so that you get a genuine, non corporate, warm welcome when you stay.
- Space – Staffordshire has vast areas of green space. From Cannock Chase in the south to the Staffordshire Peak District in the north, you will never feel squashed in.
- History – Staffordshire has everything from Tudor houses and Anglo Saxon gold to industrial gritty and spitfires.
- People – Yes Staffordshire has people but some of the friendliest, most warm and genuine sort that you will find.
- Water – Staffordshire has an amazing network of canals and rivers to explore. Walk or cycle along them, enjoy a pint next to them, fish or simply stare at them.
- Culture – Staffordshire has a long history of award winning culture. We welcome national theatre tours, host famous live music events, festivals and are home to an amazing community of artists, designers, crafters and makers. Check out Stoke on Trent’s bid for City of Culture 2021.
- Ale – Famous for it’s brewing, Staffordshire is home to a myriad of stunning micro breweries, small producers and many with gorgeous, ‘proper’ pubs to serve it in.
- Food – let us not forget the food. We grow, produce and make amazing food including the world famous Staffordshire oatcake.